Every day, the call for action to save our democracy is growing louder. This week alone:
And this Saturday, July 17, we are honoring the one-year anniversary of the passing of Rep. John Lewis with the Good Trouble for Democracy candlelight vigils. We invite Indivisibles across the country to join in and make sure we continue to carry out his legacy, and get in good and necessary trouble for the future of our democracy. Click here to sign up to host a vigil, or invite your group to join a vigil being organized near you.
Let's make sure we take all of the momentum from our record-breaking Deadline for Democracy recess and make the most of every single day this month to demand the Senate do its job and get the For The People Act done.
Here are your top actions for the week ahead:
- Keep calling your senators and demand they pass S. 1 without delay -- and get a free sticker! The Senate is back in DC, and the clock is ticking. Driving phone calls every single day is crucial to sustained pressure. We're also giving out "No Filibuster" stickers to everyone who makes a call this week! Use our form to automatically be connected to your senator, and then fill it out again to reach your other senator’s office to make sure they know that we need to get S. 1 done, no excuses.
- Tomorrow! Join us on Twitter for #FilibusterFriday. Every Friday, Indivisibles are taking to Twitter to talk about the Jim Crow filibuster and why we need our senators to commit to ending it once and for all. Check out what others are posting using the #FilibusterFriday hashtag, and feel free to utilize this helpful Filibuster Friday Toolkit, (just make a copy of the doc) and add your own local spin! We hope you’ll join us online!
- Register for our Redistricting Hearing Training on Wednesday, July 28 at 3pm ET/12pm PT. As states prepare to redistrict voting maps, how much do you really know about that process and the gerrymandering that often goes along with it? Take our 10-question Redistricting Quiz and see where your knowledge lands. Then, register for our Redistricting Hearing Training so that you can be informed about what resources are at your disposal on how redistricting works state by state. We'll cover the most effective ways to participate in the redistricting process, including best practices for attending public hearings, participating in official online comment periods, and developing a community of interest.
- Submit your application for a GROW Grant! Groups interested in applying for a grant can find more information on the 2021 changes, as well as the new application form, on the Indivisible website. The application deadline is every 3rd Tuesday of the month; award decisions will be sent to that round’s applicants two weeks after the application deadline. The next application round deadline is on Tuesday, July 20 at 11:59pm Pacific Time. If you have questions for the GROW Grants Team, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and consider registering for our Office Hours every Thursday from 4-6pm Eastern Time.
Progressives Taking Care of Business: 2021 Federal Work Group Updates
Check out our monthly schedule of policy working group calls below, and be sure to register and join the conversation. Interested in joining a working group? Sign up for more information by clicking here.
Want to learn more about all of the working groups? Sign up for our working group email! For any questions about the 2021 federal working groups, please email Indivisibleworkinggroups@indivisible.org.
Monthly Working Group Call Schedule:
- Democracy Reform (3rd Thursday of the month, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific)
- Climate (4th Monday of the month, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific)
- Economic Justice (2nd Thursday of the month, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific)
- Healthcare (1st Tuesday of the month, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific)
- Immigration (3rd Tuesday of the month, 8pm Eastern / 5pm Pacific)
This week’s digital highlights
Be sure to tag us on Twitter @IndivisibleTeam so we can help amplify your work!
P.S. If you know a group leader who’s not receiving these emails, please share this form so they can sign up.